The Academic Board of the MISU defines the requirements and contact hours (1 contact hour comprises 45 minutes) for successful completion of the courses as follows:
- regular attendance (six contact hours max. absence)
- to be always on time in class and at extracurricular appointments
- preparation for and active participation in seminars
- attendance and contribution to lectures
- participation in and contribution to class excursions
- self-study and homework assignments
- presentations in class
- written assignment: essay of 3500-4000 words sent by mail; deadline will be 30 September 2020
- 60 contact/class hours* worth up to 6 ECTS credits
* One contact/class hour comprises 45 minutes.
Every student will receive an official transcript after the successful completion of all program requirements. The transcript will show the course name and contact hours, the number of acquired credits as well as the achieved grades. Participants who do not fulfill the course requirements will receive an ungraded certificate of attendance.
Most international colleges and universities accept credits from the MISU LMU. However, each institution has its own policy regarding credit acceptance from other institutions. We strongly recommend that students consult their academic advisor and/or professor to receive credit transfer approval before applying to the MISU Summer Academy. Students who would like to transfer credits to their home universities should print out all documents contact the professor or study abroad advisor and ask for credit and grade approval.
Grades are defined by the Academic Board according to the general grading system of the LMU.
Please note: Extra credit is not available for this course.
Passing grades are 1,00 to 4,00
- < 1,00 = exceptional
- 1,00 – 1,50 = very good (sehr gut)
- 1,51 – 2,50 = good (gut)
- 2,51 – 3,50 = satisfactory (befriedigend)
- 3,51 – 4,00 = sufficient (ausreichend)
- 4,00 deficient (mangelhaft)
- NG - Not graded
No course certificate was awarded, because the student has chosen to audit the course without any essay.
- PNG - Passed, No grade
An ungraded course certificate was awarded because of no essay was presented.
There are three grading sections in this course:
- 55% = Essay (3500-4000 words)
- 30% = Oral presentation, homework assignments
- 15% = Active participation in class and soft skills